I made my first official update to one of my posts today!!!!!!!!! (A Healthy Alternative)
That makes me happier than it should, huh? I think my over-enthusiasm is well-founded. Updating a review with modifications for the recipe makes your lives easier, if you choose to give that recipe a try, and keeps my favourite recipes in constant rotation here at home. Double win if you ask me.
Today’s post is a short one. I had an appointment last week, so hubby was in charge of dinner. I gave him semi-vague instructions (sausages, potatoes, salad), but he came up with a delicious and flavourful meal. The sausages are from my favourite butcher at St Lawrence farmer’s market and were done on the grill (as usual). The salad was also simple, but super yummy (carrots, cucumber, red pepper, Kraft Creamy Cucumber dressing). The wow factor for the meal, though, were the potatoes. Hubby found this recipe for Garlic Roasted Potatoes from Ina Garten on the Food Network site, and they were amazing!
- Original Yield: 8 servings
- Actual Yield: 6 servings (hubby halved the recipe and we had one portion left over)
- Original Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Actual Prep Time: 15-20 minutes (hubby can’t remember exactly)
- Original Cook Time: 45 min – 1 hour
- Actual Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
Notes or comments:
- I think the quicker cook time is due at least in part to the recipe being halved. I could be wrong though.
Verdict: Success! This is a simple, yummy, and (apparently) quick side dish. Replace your ordinary potatoes with these next time you get the chance. It’ll be worth it, trust me!
**Please note, the recipe for Garlic Roasted Potatoes is in no way mine. The views and experiences above are mine and not endorsed/influenced by Ina Garten/The Barefoot Contessa, the Food Network, Kraft, or any other third party.