I had a very sheltered life growing up, for a variety of reasons, and that sheltered-ness extended to the kitchen. My mother is an ok baker but a very reluctant (and sadly, not very good) cook, so we had mostly very simple dishes for dinner. Now I know simple doesn’t mean bad in any way, but our menu was never versatile (my mother hated cooking and never branched away from her four or five recipes). It wasn’t until I started going to dinner at my hubby’s place when we were dating that I discovered a whole wide world of food.
Now, I had looked through cook books and such, but things like pasta with tomato sauce were new and exciting for me (I can see your shocked expression! I know!) now, about a decade and many different meals later, there are still (apparently notmal) recipes I find that make me scratch my head and/or get me excited for dinner.
This Baked Cream Cheese Spaghetti recipe from Damn Delicious is one of those recipes. Who bakes spaghetti? Apparently I do, at least once in a while. This recipe was yummy, pretty easy, and gave me a completely different way of serving up ‘boring’ old spaghetti with tomato sauce. It’s not the prettiest recipe, but it’s definitely a tasty one.
- Original Yield: 8 servings
- Actual Yield: 4 large servings (it could have been 6… maybe we should have had it with a side salad?)
- Original Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Actual Prep Time: 35 minutes (I had to whip the cream cheese…)
- Original Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Actual Cool Time: 25 minutes
Notes or comments from the author:
- I hadn’t realized that I could buy whipped cream cheese and I bought a block and whipped it myself… This added to the prep time (obviously), but I think the end result was the same either way.
Verdict: Success! This was a fun, yummy, and easy recipe and we’ll definitely be having it again. It tastes a bit like a meat lasagna, but without the fuss of layering. I can see how this would be awesome for kids, as it’s a fun dinner
**Please note, the recipe for Baked Cream Cheese Spaghetti is in no way mine. The views and experiences above are mine and not endorsed/influenced by Damn Delicious or any other third party.