I can be very lazy. I don’t usually mind doing a few pots by hand after dinner, but some days I just leave them… And don’t get around to cleaning them until a couple days later. I rinse them after we use them, of course, but I don’t always feel like scrubbing them after a long day and I can’t always do it during the day (the little one is quite demanding of my time, and rightly so). I don’t like putting our pots into the dishwasher (they’re dishwasher safe, but I want them to last and I’m overly cautious about things I’ve spent a good amount on), and I try not to use too many at once.
So when I find meals that promise to be one-pot or one-pan meals, I jump at the opportunity to give them a try. One such recipe is Damn Delicious’ One Pan Honey Garlic Chicken and Veggies. It’s simple, tasty, and only uses one pan!
- Original Yield: 4 servings
- Actual Yield: 4 servings (very easy to scale)
- Original Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Actual Prep Time: 30 minutes (maybe I was too meticulous in my prep work?)
- Original Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Actual Cook Time: 35 minutes
Notes or comments from the author:
- Chungah placed her chicken on top of the potatoes to cook, while I placed mine side by side. I also drizzled some of the honey garlic mixture over the potatoes, so they absorbed some of the flavour (there was more than enough mixture for the chicken and potatoes).
Verdict: Success! This is a simple and super delicious meal that can be scaled up or down depending on the number of hungry people that need feeding. The sauce is amazing and doesn’t require specialty ingredients (unless you consider Dijon mustard fancy). You could easily use another veggie or replace the potatoes with sweet potatoes or squash (mind the cooking time, though). You could also do just the chicken and veggies in the oven and serve them over rice or quinoa. Versatility at at its finest!
**Please note, the recipe for One Pan Honey Garlic Chicken and Veggies is in no way mine. The views and experiences above are mine and not endorsed/influenced by Damn Delicious or any other third party.