I like ground beef. It’s versatile, easy to freeze and defrost, relatively cheap, and comes in several variations of fat content. My only issue with ground beef is that, even when it’s really yummy, it’s never bursting with flavour. Or at least that’s what I thought until I tried this Korean Beef Bowl by Damn Delicious.
I took one bite and was sold. Oh. Em. Gee. This was ground beef??? I was stunned. Amazed. And about three seconds later I polished off my entire bowl. And any leftovers there were (not much, trust me). The flavour was out of this world… The beef was juicy, tender, and oh-so-flavourful. This is definitely a recipe to make again… And again… And again.
This is a fantastic weeknight meal because all you need to complete it is to toss some rice in your rice cooker. Oh, and if you’re up for being healthy, add some stir-fried or steamed veggies (even the frozen kind works). Top the rice and veggies with the beef and you’re golden. Now, it isn’t quite the 15-minute meal it’s made out to be, but you’ll have dinner on the table in 30 minutes, so no big. Still a quick dinner.
My picture doesn’t do it justice… I wish I could let you taste it by… Oh… I dunno… Licking your screen? No? Ok. I tried. Let’s pretend I never said that and just keep reading.
- Original Yield: 4 servings
- Actual Yield: 3 servings (for us… As I’ve said, we seem to eat more than Chungah from Damn Delicious)
- Original Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Actual Prep Time: 15 minutes (extra prep time brought to you by my inability to mince garlic efficiently)
- Original Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Actual Cook Time: 12 minutes
Notes or comments from the author:
- If you’re looking to be a bit more ‘healthy’, trade the white rice for brown rice or quinoa… Both are yummy options (trust me on that one)!
Verdict: Success! I won’t include the bit of extra time for prep as a modification to this recipe. It’s pretty much perfect. If you need a quick, hearty meal everyone will love, make this. You’ll look like a pro without the work. Go make this next week! Or this week! Or tonight!
** Please note, the recipe for Korean Beef Bowl is in no way mine. The views and experiences above are mine and not endorsed/influenced by Damn Delicious or any other third party.