Desserts are almost always more fun when they’re small and fancy. There’s something whimsical about eating a mini cupcake, or a tiny bundt cake or a petit four. Even something simple like a mini loaf is more fun than a normal-sized loaf. That’s one reason why this Buttermilk Banana Blueberry Bread recipe from Damn Delicious caught my eye. The other reason? The title!! The beautiful alliteration! The writer in me squealed.
Also, I had leftover buttermilk.
This is a great recipe. I’ve made it several times already, using different pans each time, I might add, and every time it’s been delicious. I also want to add that this recipe took me the same amount of time as is noted in the recipe… That’s a first for me for the Damn Delicious recipes! Yay!! Wanna know the details?
- Original Yield: 4 mini loaves
- Actual Yield: 4 mini loaves or 9 mini bundt cakes
- Original Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Actual Prep Time: the same! 15 minutes!
- Original Bake Time: 35 minutes
- Actual Bake Time: 35 minutes for both mini bundts and mini loaves!
Notes or comments from the author:
- The reason Chungah made this recipe is that making a regular quick bread or loaf didn’t work well for her (she said it, not me!). I had some extra batter and decided to give a regular loaf a try, giving it some more bake time of course… It didn’t exactly work. Don’t bother trying to make this recipe in a normal loaf pan. You’ll end up with either an over-baked exterior or under-baked interior as I did. Seriously, just stick to making this recipe in the cute little loaf pans or other small vessels and you won’t be disappointed!
Verdict: Success! This recipe is a keeper. Hubby loves it (he asked me to make it about 3 days after the first batch!), it’s quick and easy, and making small loves makes it easy to portion. It’s very yummy, moist and filled with banana flavour. They’re super cute, too! I mean, just look at them!
I also wanted to let you all know that there won’t be any posts from me this weekend. I’m running in the RBC Run For The Kids on Saturday and the Terry Fox Run on Sunday, so I’ll be a bit busy. Have a great weekend (and give these a try)!
**Please note, the recipe for Buttermilk Banana Blueberry Bread is in no way mine. The views and experiences above are mine and not endorsed/influenced by Damn Delicious or any other third party.